ProReal helps people think and feel better, about themselves and their world:
We have been developing and improving ProReal over the past six years, combining insights from academic studies with feedback from our clients and practitioners. There is a growing body of evidence for the effectiveness of our software in different settings.
Research Findings in Adults
ProReal helps people to:
- Develop insights, into their selves, their relationships and their emotions
- Identify and label thoughts, feelings and behaviours, and recognise relationships between themes
- Express and gain distance from difficult thoughts and feelings
- Engage and participate in talking therapies, counselling and coaching that they have previously found difficult
- Develop empathy for others and understand others’ perspective
In common with other virtual reality interventions, ProReal provides a powerful experience which can be a useful for complex environments and difficult situations.
Research Findings in Young People
ProReal helps young people to:
- Express themselves and externalise their inner worlds
- Address presenting psychological issues
- Engage in talking therapies or counselling, which many young people find difficult
- Communicate better with their counsellor or therapist
- Reappraise difficult thoughts, feelings and experiences
- Gain insights into their emotions and relationships
- Be more self-compassionate and mindful
ProReal is associated with significant reductions in psychological distress, particularly in young males and clients who may find verbal expression difficult, when used as part of a school counselling intervention. Use of the software has low drop-out rates and high ratings of satisfaction.